Tuesday, January 29, 2008

thank God he is a firefigther

Jason (one of my old college roommates), Angie and Maddy came down for Janelle’s first baby shower. The first night we broke out the new fire-pit. Although now I am wondering if it is a good idea to have a fire-pit on a wooden deck….so close to the house. But then again, J is a part-time firefighter so I guess we were safer than usual that night.
I’m quite jealous of Jason being a fire-fighter. It just sounds cool. It’s my intention to volunteer at our local fire station once I finish my MBA.
Partly because it reclaims that sense of adventure that we tend to lose in the daily grind of life.
Partly because I assume it would be a catalyst for adrenaline rushes….I can’t remember the last time I had one of those…..can you? Sometime when I go to J’s house, we stop by the station and he lets me get in the truck and practice with “Rescue Randy” but that is as close as I have gotten so far.

Talk back: What do you do for “adventure” and adrenaline rushes?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: